Short info about LG X power2 phone. It was announced on 2017, February. Out of the box, it comes with Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat). It has 5.5 inches
Short info about LG X power2 phone. It was announced on 2017, February. Out of the box, it comes with Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat).
It has 5.5 inches (~69.0% screen-to-body ratio) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors. It’s screen has a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi pixel density). LG X power2 is powered by Mediatek MT6750 chipset. It has Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU with 1.5 GB RAM or 2 GB RAM and it has Mali-T860MP2 as a Graphics Processing Unit(GPU). It has internal storage of 16 GB with support of microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) as external storage. It has Yes with GSM / HSPA / LTE network support of speed HSPA, LTE. LG X power2 has main rear camera of 13 MP, autofocus, LED flash. It has non-removable li-ion 4500 mah battery.
Before rooting you should know several things.
- Your device must have atleat 60% of charge.
- Goto Settings -> Security and enable the “Unknown sources”.
- For your safety, please take backup of your importent stuffs.
- Turn on USB debugging mode from Developer Options on your LG X power2. To turn on USB debugging you have to enable Developer options, GoTo settings -> About and tap multiple times on build number.
- A working windows PC.
Steps to install TWRP on LG X power2
- Goto official TWRP page and download twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file for your LG X power2. Keep twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img file in a separate folder.
- Your PC must have ADB & fastboot installed and configured. For quick installation try 15 Second ADB installer. Download link
- Now connect your device to your PC and goto twrp folder and press and hold shift then rightclick on white space and “Open command window here”.
- Now type following commands at command prompt.
- “adb reboot bootloader” – to boot your device into bootloader.
- after booting into bootloader type “fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” – this will flash TWRP recovery on your LG X power2.
- “fastboot reboot” – to reboot your device.
- After reboot type “adb reboot recovery” – to boot into recovery mode.
We strongly suggest you to visit xda-developers, and do some research on the way to root LG X power2.
Methods to Root LG X power2 without PC
- If you Have already installed TWRP :
- Download Super SU by chainfire from the following link and put it in the root of your internal storage.
- Boot into TWRP from your device and install/flash UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.XX.zip zip in your LG X power2.
- Congratualtions, you have successfully rooted your device and installed TWRP.
- If your don’t have a working TWRP installed then you can try :
- Download KingRoot APK from here and install it on your LG X power2. After installation go to app drawer and open KingRoot app and click on orange circle(“FIX”) then wait for some time. Now, Reboot your device.
- If you want to istall SuperSU and remove any other apps like KingRoot etc the just download and install SuperSU me apk on you device and follow instructions.