The latest G928AUCS4CQB2 Stock Android Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928A. The update has started rolled out for few users in US with AT&T
The latest G928AUCS4CQB2 Stock Android Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928A. The update has started rolled out for few users in US with AT&T Carrier which comes with build number G928AUCS4CQB2 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. The new Stock Android Marshmallow OTA is an incremental update with February Security update. Now you can enjoy the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 Edg+ G928A by following the below step by step guide to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928A. This new update comes with February 2017 Android Security Patch for Galaxy S6 Edge Plus G928A .
As AT&T users are still waiting for the Nougat update on Galaxy S6 Edg+, this update is still not based on Android Nougat. This is an incremental update with latest February patch for Galaxy S6 Edge+.
If you’ve got a Galaxy S6 Edge+, then you should install this security update as soon as possible. The build number is G928AUCS4CQB2 and the update is available as OTA. There’s nothing new in this build except for the security patch.
This update is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, but not to worry, the device will be updated to Nougat soon. Recently, Samsung released the Nougat update for the Galaxy S6 Edge + in Turkey.
As usual, it is recommended that the device has more than 50 percent charge before installing the update. And, it is also better to be connected to a stable Wi-Fi network. If you haven’t received the update yet, you can manually check for it from Settings > About device > System updates.
Install this update manually
For all with March 4CQB2 baseband update for Nougat. SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP – link is UP
Nougat update if you are on 4CQA1 baseband SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip – link is up
MD5 checksum : c74d9106d59dcb0411f9a1e4e23ca797
0. Make sure you are on G928AUCS4CQA1 or March update G928AUCS4CQB2 Baseband. Check this 3 times
1. Backup everything of importance on your phone!!!
2. Now, make sure you have “show file extension” enabled in Windows, and file is ready for ADB as you download SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip or after March 20 update SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
3. Shutdown your phone
4. Enter recovery mode by pressing volume up, home and power button together
* A green Droid will appear on screen with the text Installing system update…
5. Using the Volume Button Navigate and the Power button to select ‘Apply Update from ADB’
6. Connect your phone via USB to your computer
7. Open a CMD prompt from your PC. Type cd
in my case: cd C:UsersNorbarbDesktopNote5
8. Navigate to the directory that contains the update SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip or after March 20 update SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
*Note I had issue when the directory contained a space. Moving the update to a directory with no spaces resolved the issue.
Also moved the adb driver to the same directory ‘C:UsersNorbarbDesktopNote5’
9. Type adb devices. You should see 1 device listed
10.Type adb sideload SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip or after March 20 update SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
11. This took around 25 minutes to complete
12. Phone will now be updated Nougat